Special Olympics Volunteer Code of Conduct
As a Special Olympics volunteer, I agree that while serving as a volunteer, I will:
• Provide for the general welfare, health and safety of all Special Olympics athletes and volunteers.
• Dress and act in an appropriate manner at all times.
• Follow the established rules and guidelines of Special Olympics and/or any agency involved with Special Olympics.
• Report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participants.
• Abstain from the consumption or use of all alcohol, tobacco products, and illegal substances while involved with any Special Olympics event, competition or training school.
• Not engage in any inappropriate contact or relationship with athletes, volunteers or other participants of Special Olympics.
I/we grant Special Olympics Ohio (SOOH) and Special Olympics, Inc. (SOI) permission to use the volunteer’s likeness, voice, and words in or on television, radio, film, and on SOOH and SOI’s Websites, or in any other form, format, or media, to promote Special Olympics and its mission and to raise funds for Special Olympics.
I/we understand that the applicant will be using facilities at his/her own risk and I/we hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless SOOH from all liability for injury or accident to person or damage to the applicant’s property. I/we understand that the applicant’s volunteer service can be modified or terminated with or without notice or cause, at any time, at the option of SOOH or at my/our option and that SOOH may, in its sole discretion, decline to accept the applicant for volunteering with or without cause.
In the course of volunteering for SOOH I may be dealing with confidential information regarding athletes and volunteers’ contact information, health, behavior and other personal information and I agree to keep said information in the strictest confidence.