Job Title: NE REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF FIELD OPERATIONS
Reports to: SENIOR DIRECTOR OF FIELD OPERATIONS
Job Classification: Exempt (Salaried)
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
The Northeast Regional Director of Field Operations for Special Olympics Ohio (SOOH) is responsible for overseeing the organization’s mission of strengthening leadership for athletes to perform at their best through sports programming throughout Ohio.
To perform this job successfully, the qualified individual must have the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required with or without reasonable accommodations.
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.)
1. Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task effectively
2. Strong oral and written communication skills; public speaking skills
3. Demonstrated problem-solving skills
4. Ability to work with diverse personalities and lead by example
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently
6. Ability to build effective relationships with a diverse and varied group of people
1. This is a full-time, exempt position
2. Days and hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
3. Evening/weekend work will be required to meet job demands during Special Olympics events
Preferred Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
2. Special Olympics sports program administration experience
3. Proven track record of fundraising for a non-profit organization
Additional Eligibility Requirements
1. Reside within a reasonable commute distance from the SOOH Regional Office in Amherst (Lorain County) and Cuyahoga County for fundraising and canvassing purposes
2. Valid & current Ohio driver’s license
3. Stable driving record; proof of auto insurance eligibility for organizational requirements
4. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office product series and relevant sports database systems
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The starting annual salary for this position is $45,000.00 and is reviewed at the end of each calendar year against performance objectives
Interested candidates may apply for this position by emailing a cover letter and resumé to Jeff Vermillion at email@example.com no later than October 16, 2019. Candidate selection will take place by mid-November for a December 2019 start.
Special Olympics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.